x

Square Not Working with GiveWP

Hello! I have GiveWP set up on my Wordpress site to accept donations. I added the Square add-on to accept credit card donations. It worked for a while, but is not working now. 

When my donors try to make a credit card donation, they put all their info in, click "donate now," and the little circle just keeps going around and around. The transaction doesn't complete.

I do have the recurring donations add-on for PayPal, but realize that Square does not accept recurring donations. Could the recurring donations add-on be the problem? 

Thanks for any help! 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Ok, think I figured out the problem. I disabled the "Recurring Payments" option with GiveWP, and my test credit card transaction with Square went through fine. So that seems to be the issue. 

So is there any way I can have the Square plugin AND a recurring payments option with PayPal? (Or Square, for that matter.)

If Stripe would offer the Instant Payouts option to me (like Square does), that would solve my problems. But I've been on the phone/chat with Stripe several times, and they don't want to let me into that sandbox. 

Message 2 of 4
Admin

Hey @jboursaw!

Thanks for your post. You are correct, currently this is a limitation where Square does not integrate with an API that does recurring donations. 

Here is a thread where we will post updates on that feature request. Let me know if you have any additional questions about this. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 3 of 4

@isabelle Thanks so much! I will follow that thread. 

Message 4 of 4