x
Beta Member

Square Register Adding Items via barcode to Appointments

We use Square Appointments at my business; our transactions are mixed between goods and services. We use Appointments on Square Register to complete 95%+ of the transactions and Appointments on iPad as a backup.

With the Square Register, we ALWAYS encounter an issue when adding items to an Appointment; it allows us to scan the barcode, but then REQUIRES us to select the Item's Variation, even though every barcode leads directly to a specific Item & Variation.

This issue does not exist on the iPad.

Data we'll use in the example:

Item: Hat

Variations: Red, Blue, Green, Black, & White

Let's say that I have someone paying for a service and also buying a Blue Hat. 

On the Square Register in the appointment checkout process, we scan the Blue Hat's barcode to add it to the sale. At that point, the Square Register shows me a pop-up asking me to choose WHICH hat (Red, Blue, Green, Black, or White).

Why do I have to select the exact Variation AFTER scanning the EXACT barcode? This is obnoxious, and leads to mistakes in transactions that damages our inventory, and either over or undercharges our customers.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

@BradSC Thanks for highlighting this issue. I made our team aware about what you're experiencing and it looks like they're aware and working on implementing a fix for it. Sorry for the trouble it's causing. If I hear back from them soon on the resolution I'll swing back here and let you know.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

We need some traction on this topic. Barcode scanners should add a specific item variation to the transaction, not show you all variations to choose from.

Message 3 of 3