x

Stock Inventory isn't working

Every time I try to add stock to my newer items, it won't work. It takes several seconds to load and then I get hit with an error message.

We're sorry, but we weren't able to access your stock information. Please save your item and try again.

I'm at a loss on what to do. 

Message 1 of 55
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey there. I'm not sure if you are also following along with this thread but I just wanted to check in with everyone here as well. 

We're experiencing a temporary sync delay, and the engineers have already made a fix which should catch things up soon. I don't have an eta to provide, unfortunately, but will do my best to post updates on the threads if I hear of any changes. 

View Best Answer >

Message 30 of 55
54 REPLIES 54

Hi @grim

Are you trying to add new items, or update the inventory for an item you already saved? When you get a chance, can you also reach out to the support team so they can get some more eyes on this. I've talked to a lot of sellers today that are no longer having an issue, but it seems there's still a few people that can't sync certain items. It makes me think that there is something more to this than just a sync delay, and a rep should have this escalated by the advanced support team for further research. 

Try clicking this link to be directed to the Ecom Support team. then make sure to select the topic Square Online Platform. Note; you will need to be signed into your account before selecting the link.

Message 43 of 55

This is getting ridiculous now 😩

As of last night  I could update stock but now all of my new items the shipping weight is not working correctly  I have 4 different postage costs depending on weight but my new  items are all only showing shipping rate at the lowest option Instead  of the highest amount no matter what weight I put in anything over 5ks should incur the highest postage fee but it’s not it’s not only old stock is working correctly 

Message 44 of 55

B68800C0-99A4-4ACE-BF56-225C782E2016.png

 this is now what’s happening if people try to checkout 😡

Message 45 of 55

Hi there @Mc6

That error is definitely strange. We recommend reaching out to our Customer Success team directly. Please click this link to be directed to the Ecom Support team. then make sure to select the topic Square Online Platform. 

Ellie
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 46 of 55

This has been happening to me all day. Is it happening to others and is hopefully just today? VERY frustrating bc I can’t offer my sale today, as keeping track of inventory is a must, Really regretting choosing Square over Shopify. 

ETA: i am able to edit inventory on existing items that already had the initial inventory set, This is happening on newly uploaded items and has been going on all day. 

Message 47 of 55
Beta Member

Tech support told me to duplicate the item and then delete the original and the. You should be able to update the inventory. Hope that works for you. 

Message 48 of 55
Beta Member

Tech support told me to duplicate them item and delete the original and then you should be able to update the inventory. Hope that works for you. 

Message 49 of 55

I even tried this and it gave the same error on the duplicate.

Message 50 of 55

I have the same problem as you too, twice!  I don't know why it happens.  Hope the IT team is working on it to fix it right away.  (Sigh)!

Message 51 of 55

I've been having this happen for almost a month! After a while I can go in and edit. But it's very frustrating as I can't add things when I want to, and have to remember to mark them as "hidden" until I'm able to update stock.

Message 52 of 55

Started with the Square about a week ago, a huge mistake I am finding out now. I add items to stock when building items, only to have stock disappear.  I try to add stock again and get the "we are sorry" message. I sit here in limbo while Square employees collect a pay check and I do not. I see this "stock" issue has been going on for some time. Obviously Square has no solution or it would have been corrected. I've even had categories completely disappear from the website. If it was easy to move domains, I would have bailed.  

Message 53 of 55

This is a frustrating situation @trenierllc. I would like to look into this for you as "stock issues" can be common, but they are very different from one Seller to another. 

What are you using to update Stock, and where on the Square ecosystem are you working? Could you also include an item with which you are experiencing the issue? 

Thank you for reaching out, and Welcome to the Seller Community!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 54 of 55

Just wanted to add a possible solution here - I was having the same problem trying to add inventory/track inventory on a new item variation on my online site but I kept getting the same error messages as other posters had. Then I discovered that I had some ad blockers (like Ghostery) enabled. When I disabled all the ad blockers I was able to update the inventory! Hope that helps.

Message 55 of 55