x

Why can't I enter the expiration date when manually entering a card?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: I am trying manually enter a credit card but it won’t allow me to enter the experation year]

Trying to enter a payment manually but when I get to the month and year it won’t allow me to the use in

Message 1 of 234
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: My card is deactivated. Why are expiration dates on the card freezing?

I've moved your post to this thread as it sounds like what you're experiencing is related to the expiration date issue we had our engineers look into, @mdr_moore. Please take a moment to update the Square app on your device(s), and things should starting working as expected for you!

233 REPLIES 233
Beta Member

Just wondering if it is a credit card or a debit credit card? I found out that square does not accept debit credit cards and that is why I was having a problem entering the information. I have to make sure I ask on manual entry orders.

Message 232 of 234

I did redownload the square app and tried to enter a manual amount to test it and it still gave me the same declined error.  What else is there to try.  If this hasn't been fixed yet, please do soon.

Message 233 of 234

Did you check the expiration date? We just had the same issue two days in a row and then figured out that the card had expired! Not sure why we didn't notice before, but we didn't. It works just fine on non-expired cards...Imagine that!!LOL

Hope that's all it was for you

Message 234 of 234