x

Why does online checkout prompt for shipping rates for manually entered address?

On the square payment screen if the customer has only a PO box they must select "Enter Address Manually" rather then using the autofill address feature.  When they do that they MUST select "Get shipping rates" or they cannot enter credit card information to complete the sale. 

Is it something we set up that is causing this? It is confusing to the customers. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Janice3

Can I have the domain for the website that's giving you this issue? 

I'll be happy to take a look. 

Thank you!

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 9

Hi Frances, 

The site is North Carolina Beach Buggy | NCBBA Shop (square.site). ncbba.square.site

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Janice

Message 3 of 9

Thank you for providing those details, @Janice3

I went ahead and tried to recreate the issue and I see what you're describing. 

In this case, everything is working as expected and it is not something you set up that's causing this. 

When an address is entered manually, customer must click the "Get Shipping Rates" button to continue. 

I will share your feedback with our product team, as I see how it could be confusing. 

Thank you!

Frances
Message 4 of 9

Thanks so much for taking the time to recreate the issue and more importantly I appreciate that you will pass this up to your product team. 

Message 5 of 9

Thanks so much for taking the  time to recreate the issue and more importantly that you will pass this up for a fix at some point. I’m sure we aren’t the only customer with this issue. Thanks again. 

Message 6 of 9

Thank you for your feedback and for being part of our Seller Community, @Janice3

Keep the feedback coming, hope to see you around the Community!

Frances
Message 7 of 9

This issue still exists for clients which is impeding on the efficiency of our sales.  Any other solutions to avoid this confusion.  Can we not avoid an address all together and just indicate as a digital transaction....nothing will be shipped to the client for our purposes.

Message 8 of 9
Super Seller

@Margolina ;

Square and most Credit Card processors need a Zip code for the Billing address to Verify the purchase is legitimate.  I have bought Digital Items off of etsy and they require an Address also to verify my Credit Card.  Like on bank and Credit Card statement I do not believe you can just have a PO Box anymore and require a Physical Address.  I use to go through this issue where I lived in PA.  My physical address with the Post Office was a PO BOX at my house, but UPS and FedEx needed the Street name also to deliver.   They finally changed the address and dropped the PO BOX for our rural addresses.  The funny thing was the PO Box just became our Street Number.  The biggest problem is that people get a PO Box to do illegal things and have stuff sent there.  So maybe your sales are just scammers trying to steal from you.   I was seeing huge $ online sales that were not going through the final steps.  Though there was an issue with my Website.  Then I checked the IP address of the incomplete sales, a bunch were going back to Amazon, and other were going to South Africa and India..... scammer central.  My point is make sure these would be legitimate sales and not a person with a stolen credit card that would have gotten your item(s) for free.  

Maybe have a Note on your website saying a Physical address, NOT PO Box is required for Credit Card verification.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 9 of 9