x

Different images for item variations

I am trying to add multiple images for each product, so that when a customer selects a variation, they get a visual preview of the item.

example: I sell Jewelry Dishes with different sayings.  When a customer selects a variation "I love Paris" - I want the stock photo to change to the jewelry dish they selected.

Is this possible?

Message 1 of 28
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Different images for item variations

HI, under Options and Pricing you are able to choose one image for each variation.

Screen Shot 2020-11-01 at 9.37.51 AM.png

Hope this helps!

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Resale Collection - http://bit.ly/HangerHues

2 Best Answers

Best Answer

HI, under Options and Pricing you are able to choose one image for each variation.

Hope this helps!

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Hope This Helps!
TERRI

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 28

Best Answer

Hey there, we eventually fixed this problem by activating our full-on square website. Before we had just been using the link square produced for the specific item. A square rep told us there was no way to fix the problem without activating. hope that makes sense/helps.

View Best Answer >

Message 25 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

HI, you can select one image for the different variation.  When a customer selects a variation only one image will show.  You can add the different angles in the main images.

Hope this helps!

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 28

Hello,

I see where I can add multiple images to the listing, but I want the main photo to change to the new selection when they select a different variation.

Example: I sell four different kinds of jewelry dishes.  The main photo is a blue dish.  If they select the black "Paris" dish, I want the photo to change from the blue dish to the black "paris" dish to match the customer's selection.

Is this possible?

Message 3 of 28

Best Answer

Hope this helps!

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 4 of 28

THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

Message 5 of 28

I want to reach out to you but not sure how to PM here.  Thank you so much for your answer and expertise. I have been trying to do the "image" for each option for a while, and everyone even Square workers were telling me it's not an option.   I feel incredibly fortunate that not only you saw my post but took the time to respond.  I appreciate your help so very much.

Message 6 of 28
Square Community Moderator

Goodness, thank you @Goldneye for stepping in to assist here! We are so appreciative of you!

Feel free to continue to reach out if you have any outstanding questions, @Zim! Cheers!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 28

I have images set for each variation, and selecting the product name from the dropdown displays the corresponding image as expected, but selecting an image does not highlight the corresponding name in the dropdown. With many close color options for my items, this can be confusing. Can selecting an image change the item selected? Thanks.

Message 8 of 28

HI, as you mentioned clicking the drop down and selecting the item, the image changes to selected.  Selecting the image will not change the drop down to that option.  This is standard on most website builders.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 9 of 28

I have different images for each variation, but the image displayed does not match the option chosen.  

So, I have Category: PAINTINGS

ITEMS: Carrie Joers (one of my artists)

VARIATIONS:  1 variation for each of her pieces.

Each piece has a picture associated with it, but when you "choose an option" the image seen does not match the option (or variation) choosen.  

can that be linked?

Message 10 of 28

HI, yes, click on image beside variation and select the proper one.

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 11 of 28

I have all my images linked so they will show when selected in the drop down which worked fine. But now for some reason when I look online they are all jumbled up. Usually one or two are still correct but the rest are a mix. I have checked out multiple listings and they are all messed up online. They are all still looking fine in my stores back end and no amount of switching images around seems to get the right images lined up.

Looks like something went crazy. Is anyone else having this issue?

Message 12 of 28

Yes! I too, am having this problem! So frustrating!

Message 13 of 28

Yes, same issue. Never had this problem before but as of yesterday all of my variations are jumbled up. Some variations can't even be clicked on in the drop down box. Tried everything I could think of but still not working properly this morning.

Message 14 of 28
Beta Member

Yep!  Seeing the same thing!  It's weird!

Message 15 of 28
Admin

@IslandRoots @FullCircleCr @TheOvenMitt Sorry for the trouble! We were experiencing some issues with the variation images yesterday, but everything is back up and running normally again.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 16 of 28

Hey 

My variations options will not show up in preview or when I published. It says "not available". I put in the inventory number and still wont update. Can someone help?!

Message 17 of 28

here is an image for reference

Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 3.16.30 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 3.17.20 PM.png

Message 18 of 28

I have uploaded images for each variation, but the webpage does not update the photo when the variation is selected.. Is there a solution?

Message 19 of 28

I also have new products that are not updating images when color variants are selected. The new product is set up the same as as an older listed product that updates like it should. 

Message 20 of 28
Square Community Moderator

Hi @steadystudioco - I'm sorry to hear that this issue with your product images has brought you to the Seller Community😥

This does sound off, but it's difficult to pinpoint what may be happening without looking at your account and settings for these items with you, which we aren't able to do via the Seller Community. For this type of issue, I suggest that you get in touch with our Square Online Support Team. If you haven't already, please reach out to Support directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

cc: @BreakawayRecs 

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 21 of 28