x
Beta Member

A way to accept partial payments for House Accounts?

I need a way to accept partial payments on House Accounts at my point of sale. I have several customers that run house accounts during the season that like to come in and pay weekly on their account, usually with cash or check.  Currently I have no way to credit their account other than entering a "cash on account line" under a discount key I created. Not ideal! 

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Here’s a link to the House Accounts help document.  But to basically answer your questions, invoices can be created at any time (including automatic invoices.  This will create an invoice that includes all activity (including payments) since the last invoice was generated.

Any new transactions added to the house account will be included on the next invoice, and customers can fully or partially pay any existing invoice.  But creating invoices does NOT close the house account.  It just gives the customer an invoice for the current balance due at the time the invoice was created.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

@EricaMerica before I try to answer, I need to ask a question.  

Are you saying that your customers give you partial payments BEFORE you have generated an invoice for them for that period?

If so, why don’t you edit their house account details and set the recurring invoice frequency to Weekly?  Then an invoice will be ready for them to pay without coming in or to pay with a card when they do come in.

Alternatively, you could set the billing method to Manually Invoice, create the invoice manually when they come in to pay, and pay it normally that way.

Lastly, if I have totally missed the point of your question, let me know.  

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

I guess I didn't realize that I need to create invoices for my house accounts- as my customers come in and add to their account on a weekly basis for a number of months throughout the summer season so I don't want to close their accounts each time they come to pay on it. Will the customer be able to partially pay once I create the invoice? and will I be able to add on to the account after I create an invoice for it? I will have to explore these options. 

Message 3 of 5
Super Seller

Best Answer

Here’s a link to the House Accounts help document.  But to basically answer your questions, invoices can be created at any time (including automatic invoices.  This will create an invoice that includes all activity (including payments) since the last invoice was generated.

Any new transactions added to the house account will be included on the next invoice, and customers can fully or partially pay any existing invoice.  But creating invoices does NOT close the house account.  It just gives the customer an invoice for the current balance due at the time the invoice was created.

Chip

Website
Facebook

जो है सो है
Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

thank you! 

Message 5 of 5