x
Admin

Featured Square Online Site: Sarah Cotta Plants

Hello! Every other week, I will be featuring rad sites built using Square Online by sellers like you. It’s a great way to pick up tips that you can incorporate into your own site!

This week we’re going to take a look at the website for Sarah Cotta Plants as created by @SarahCotta.

This online store is a prime example of design minimalism. When done well, it fully shifts the focus of visitors to the only items of visual interest on the page - in this case, plants!

AdamB_0-1646953173445.png

Two things stand out to me which make this an effective design approach: the use of a white background, and how that meshes with product images that also have white backgrounds. Rather than seeing blocks on a page, you see the plants themselves pop to life right from your screen. This style works best when you have a tightly organized layout - something that is done automatically for you with Square Online.

Speaking of product photos, these are all great examples of how to implement a consistent product photo strategy. All product photos have the same lighting, the same general size of plant vs image size, and a white background.

AdamB_1-1646953173425.png

If you want to remove backgrounds from images and have an iOS device I recommend downloading Square Photo Studio. It’s neat and free! I've actually had fun just playing around removing the background from random images.

What do you think? Let me know in the comments below! Let me know if you have a site you want to nominate - just send me a private message (hover over my username, then click on the button in the popup to send a message)!

For more in this series, see:

Featured Square Online Site: Quetzalli Jewelry

Featured Square Online Site: Revival Vintage Bottle Shop

Featured Square Online Site: Tend Greenpoint

Featured Square Online Site: Salsa Saint

Featured Square Online Site: The Benev

Featured Square Online Site: Bradley’s Orchard

Featured Square Online Site: Miette Patisserie & Confiserie

Featured Square Online Site: Bentspoke Brewing, Co

Featured Square Online Site: Sheek Studio

Featured Square Online Site: Whisky Run Golf Club

Featured Square Online Site: Fatback’s BBQ

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

First of all, I love the logo. 

I really like how the website highlights the products, while the Instagram integration highlights the store and the people. It really helps in telling a story. 

How do they do the (1) and (2) inside Instagram that link to the Square Online product page? So cool! 

instagram-plant.png

Message 2 of 4
Admin

That is really cool, isn't it? Those are shopping tags in Instagram.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

Super cool! I have to try it out. Thanks!

Message 4 of 4